Online Faculty Development Workshops: July - January
In our autumn semester, due to COVID-19 related circumstances, CELF courses are continuing to be taught online. Teachers and students are meeting online for lessons using a variety of video communications platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams, among others. A consistently regular schedule of Faculty Development (FD) activities has been conducted to ensure that teachers and students alike are well supported in the CELF program. Below is a list of those FD workshops:
- New Teacher Orientation and Blackboard FD: Friday, September 18, 2020 (16 participants)
- Blackboard and Unitama FD: Monday, September 28, 2020 (7 participants)
- ELF Module Orientation: Monday, September 28, 2020, (30 participants)
- Zoom and Online Teaching FD: Friday, 2 October, 2020 (10 participants)
- Learning with Texts: Expanding Extensive Reading Options for the "With Corona" Era, with Guest Speaker - Jonathan Ferries: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 (12 participants)
- Online Classes and Remote Teaching: Friday, October 16, 2020 (8 participants)
- Using TED-talks to Create ELF-oriented Lessons: Monday, October 26, 2020 (8 participants)
- Blackboard Grade Center and Google Form Workshop: Friday, November 20, 2020 (3 participants)
- Online TOEIC FD: Friday, November 27, 2020 (18 participants)
- CELF FD Informal Discussion on Online Teaching and Grading: Friday, January 15, 2021 (9 participants)
In addition to the CELF FD workshops listed above two CELF FD Special Workshops have been held.
On Monday, October 26, 2020, a CELF FD Special Workshop on “Using TED-talks to create ELF-oriented lessons” was conducted by Dr Tiina Matikainen who is an Associate Professor of the Center for English as a Lingua Franca & College of Tourism and Hospitality at Tamagawa University.
On Monday, November 2, 2020, a CELF FD Special Workshop on “Making and editing videos for online classes with iPad/iPhone” was conducted by Dr Miso Kim who is an Assistant Professor of the Center for English as a Lingua Franca at Tamagawa University.